RSS
We blog for fun. Plain and simple.

R.I.P. Conan


Somebody close to my heart passed away yesterday at around 7:35 pm. That somebody was Conan, my pet goldfish. Now many of you are probably saying to yourself, "Oh my God. It's just a goldfish." But to me Conan was more than just a goldfish, he was my friend.

About 4 months ago I woke up one morning and looked at any empty spot on my nightstand. I wondered what I should put there, and immediately decided on a fish bowl. When my classes were over that day, I put my Nascar hat on and sped to the nearest pet store excited to get my goldfish. I immediately made a B-line to the fish department when I entered the store. I found the perfect size bowl, the perfect gravel, and the perfect bowl ornament. All I needed now was my goldfish. I walked up and down the isles looking at all the different kinds of goldfish and didn't see any I liked. It was like walking in a store that only sells green M&M's and none of the them draw your attention. So I just bought the bowl, gravel, and ornament and left the store fishless.

I tried another pet store, and as soon as I waked in, I walked out not seeing any goldfishes I liked. Then I drove to the last pet store in the area, Pet Land. As soon as I walked in and laid eyes on the big goldfish tank, I saw the perfect goldfish, Conan. I then dash home, set up the fishbowl, and dropped Conan in. The day soon turned into night with me gazing at Conan the whole time.

Boy did me and Conan have some moments. Like the time when I dropped my iPhone in his fishbowl(I kinda wish I never had gotten Conan when that happened). Conan was also in my room with me when my sister told me that Michael Jackson had passed away. And there was countless times when I was watching scary movies and was shit scared. I just looked over at Conan and saw him swimming without a care in the world, I knew everything would be alright.

Conan, you are gone but will never be forgotten.
From your buddy Blaine.

R.I.P. Conan. April '09- August '09

cue The Jackson Five- I'll be there......................

0 comments:

Post a Comment